Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program
In 2008 the Georgia Education Expense Credit became law, allowing taxpayers to take a credit against their Georgia income taxes for amounts contributed to qualifying K-12 Student Scholarship Organizations (SSO). By redirecting a portion of your state tax liability to Mill Springs Academy through our partner SSO, Georgia GOAL, taxpayers receive a 100% state income tax credit!
This is a proven opportunity that is a win-win-win for taxpayers, scholarship recipients, and our school community. By simply redirecting a portion of your GA State tax liability to Georgia GOAL for a 100% Georgia income tax credit, you will help maximize this source of financial aid for deserving families desiring to receive a Mill Springs Academy education.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household - up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return - up to $2,500
- Married couple filing separate returns - up to $1,250
- S Corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner - $10,000
- C Corporation or Trust - up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Apply Now (anytime from June to December 2020) - Complete the 2021 GOAL Tax Credit Application today at www.goalscholarship.org (takes just 20 seconds!).
- GOAL Submits to DOR - On the first business day of January 2021, GOAL submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Approved to Contribute - GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline in early January 2021.
- Make Payment - Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval (by mid-March 2021).
- Take the Credit - In May, GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2021 Georgia income tax return (note: you will take the credit when you file your 2021 taxes in 2022).