Fundraising Principals & Standards
These principles and standards were developed to protect Mill Springs Academy, its mission and our donors. They are for organizations and individuals who conduct, direct, or participate in the practice of generating philanthropic support for Mill Springs Academy.
- All fundraisers must be approved by Mill Springs' Development Office in the spring prior to the school year in which they are planned to be carried out.
- Fundraisers can only be performed by Mill Springs Development Office and/or recognized school clubs, curricular clubs, and parent organizations.
- School employees or parent groups may not ask students for funds for gifts for individuals.
- No outside organizations of any sort may solicit contributions of any type from students, within the schools.
- All solicitation and communication materials should be submitted to the MSA Development Director and Communications Director for approval prior to their use (including but not limited to promotional pieces, fliers, letters, invitations, and website copy/designs).
- Those engaged in fundraising for the school may not participate in activities that harm the school and its mission or disparage in any way a member of the MSA Staff, Faculty, and/or its various constituent groups.
- Those engaged in fundraising for the school must adhere to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable state, local, and federal civil and criminal laws.
- Those engaged in fundraising for the school shall take care to ensure that contributions are used in accordance with donors' intentions.
- All donor and prospect information including but not limited to contact information and giving history, shall not be transferred or utilized except on behalf of the school and under direct supervision by the MSA Development Office.
As of 8/22/2013