- Volunteer Opportunities
- Used Uniform Store
- Teacher and Staff Gift
- Free Money Programs
- Chick-fil-A Mondays
Parent Volunteer Association (PVA)
Mills Springs Academy’s Parent Volunteer Association works to support the MSA mission while enhancing the school experience for families by providing avenues for active volunteer participation, organizing activities that foster community spirit and supporting MSA’s philanthropic initiatives and priorities.
While MSA is located in the Alpharetta/ Milton area, our students come from more than 50 different zip codes in and around Metro Atlanta! So the Mill Springs Academy PVA is the best way to connect with other MSA families. The PVA provides opportunities to socialize, as well as provide support and resources for your family.
The PVA consists of parent volunteers who commit their time and effort to improving the educational and social experience of our students. One of our main goals is to create a sense of community through the following PVA sponsored events and initiatives:
- Community Campus Events
- Off-campus Social Outings for Students, Parents and Families
- Chick-Fil-A Mondays
- PVA Used Uniform Store
- Teacher Appreciation
All families of current MSA students are automatically members of the PVA. So please join your fellow parents by signing up and volunteering to support your MSA Community.
If at anytime you wish to contact your Parent Volunteer Association, please feel free to email them at email@example.com.
2023-2024 PVA Executive Board:
Booster Committee - Ann Wells
Chick-Fil-A Lunch Coordinators - Jason Binder, Cindy Bundy, Eileen O'Farrell, Kemi Ojanuga
Teacher Appreciation Coordinator - Lexi Boyd
Used Uniform Store Chair - OPEN
Volunteer Hours Opportunity Coordinator - Anne Phillips
SCHOOL RERESENTATIVES- Support principals with various activities during the year, including school parties.
Upper School - Beth Stafford
Comm Arts - Julie Snelling
Middle School - Jill Cox, Lita Stephenson, Elkin Taylor
Lower School - Emily McClellen
NEW FAMILY WELCOME COMMITTEE
Upper School - Lori Mashburn
Comm Arts - Nancy Lesser
Middle School - OPEN
Lower School - Alli Bird
The Parent Volunteer Association helps drive the partnership between the school and families through volunteer opportunities, social activities, and events. We sincerely appreciate all of our volunteers and every contribution that is made to Mill Springs Academy.
Ways to Get Involved
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation - This committee helps arrange school-wide faculty appreciation through the year.
- Used Uniform Store - The used uniform store sells gently used uniform pieces. Volunteers wash donations, label donations, & ensure the store is organized.
- Division Reps - These volunteers work with the division (upper, middle, comm arts, lower) principals to plan special events (e.g., holiday celebrations like Halloween and Valentine’s Day) as well as help the principals find volunteers for other division-specific engagement opportunities.
- Admissions Ambassador - The Admissions Ambassadors are friendly points of contacts for new families to ask questions. They also attend new family events (schedule permitting).
- Chick-Fil-A Committee - On Mondays, the PVA coordinates the delivery of Chick-Fil-A to students (this is a pre-paid program). In addition to the committee responsible for organizing the orders with the vendor, weekly volunteers are required to ensure students receive their lunches. For weekly volunteer slots, watch for a link to sign-up in the weekly school newsletter.
- Booster Pizza Helpers - The PVA supports handing out the monthly Booster Club pizza. For monthly volunteer slots, watch for a link to sign-up in the weekly school newsletter.
- Booster / Sports Team Parent - each team will need a parent volunteer to work with the coach. Responsibilities could be parent communication, organizing snacks for the kids, and obtaining volunteers for ticket sales, concession workers, and scoreboard helpers (needs vary by team).
- Signature Events Helper - Join a committee to help with the school’s signature events. These are the fall festival, grandparent’s day, and spring auction party.
Interested in helping? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate any specific areas that interest you as well as if you have special skills/items that could be beneficial.
Used Uniform Store
All purchases made at the Used Uniform Shop support your Parent Volunteer Association (PVA).
The Used Uniform Store operates on your generous donations of uniforms that no longer fit your student. We sell gently used apparel to meet your child's needs. The shop is located in the Wrestling & Conditioning building.
- Vary per item from $3.00 - $12.00 Prices
Hours of Operation:
- Please contact the Admissions Office to schedule a time to shop.
Once you have visited the store and selected your items, please click here to pay online.
How to Help:
We need wonderful volunteers to donate time in the Used Uniform Store. Positions include manning the store during operation hours, washing donations, and pricing & organizing the clothes. Please contact email@example.com to volunteer your time.
Uniform donations are welcomed and appreciated! Please bring CLEAN clothing to the Administration office.
EARN MONEY for MILL SPRINGS ACADEMY
Look at these Free Money programs—an easy way for our school to earn! Ask family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers to participate too.
Thank you for taking the time to participate in any way you can. Everyone’s efforts really add up! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Amazon Smile – Unfortunately, Amazon is discontinuing their Amazon Smile program on February 20, 2023. Thank you to everyone who donated to MSA through Amazon Smile!
|Kroger Community Rewards Program – Make Mill Springs your choice for Kroger's Community Rewards program. Connect your Kroger Plus card to in-store purchases to benefit MSA, go to Kroger.com > From the left Menu scroll down and select Savings > Select Community Rewards. Create an account or log in, link your shopper’s card to Mill Springs. You can find Mill Springs through the search box or org# AI951.
|Publix Free Money Program – Sign up on the Publix web site for a percentage of eligible purchases to go to MSA. First, establish a Club Publix account and then connect your account to Mill Springs Academy. At checkout, you'll enter your phone number. It's that easy! Once you’ve established your account, log in, and select your name in the upper right. Choose the My Publix Partner icon at the right, search for Mill Springs Academy and save. If you signed up last year, you will need to register again this year. Publix requires annual sign up.
PVA FUNDRAISER ORDER FORM
SPRING Semester 2024
The PVA offers the opportunity for students to pre-purchase Chick-fil-A lunches for each Monday that school is in session. It is one of our biggest fundraisers! This spring, there are 17 Chick-fil-A Mondays. The PVA asks parents to consider volunteering one time per semester to help keep the program running successfully. Parents can view the volunteer schedule and sign-up as a volunteer here.
Please note the Chick-fil-A policies as a few new ones have been added:
- Chick-fil-A Mondays run from January 8 - May 13, 2024, with no meals served when school is closed.
- All sandwiches are served with NO pickles.
- There is NO drink served with meals, so students are asked to bring their own drink and/or water bottle to fill.
- Regular Order Deadline for spring semester Chick-fil-A is December 31.
- The late order Deadline is January 15, and parents will receive a separate confirmation from the CFA volunteers of when their child will receive the first order.
- There are no pro-rated order amounts for late orders nor refunds for cancelations.
- The PVA cannot offer refunds for meals missed due to unforeseen circumstances.
Payment will be billed through each student's FACTS Family Account. Please contact our Chick-fil-A Chairperson at email@example.com if you have any questions.