The Annual Fund is the most important gift the members of our school family (parents, grandparents, Board of Trustees, faculty/staff) are asked to make to Mill Springs each year. The difference between the Annual Fund and the school's periodic capital campaigns is best described by the following statement:
"The Annual Fund provided resources by which we live, and capital campaigns provide resources by which we grow."
The Annual Fund serves as a source of funding to:
- Keep tuition increases down - annual tuition increases at MSA have remained at 3%, over the past 5 years; much lower than the national average of 7%
- Allow us to attract and maintain valuable staff - through competitive salaries and benefits like 401k, insurance, continuing education
- Fund our Scholarship Endowment program - 5% of the monies raised each year are set aside to help fund our scholarship endowment program
- Broaden our Fine Arts curriculum - giving students full access to programs in art, band, chorus, drama
- Provide funds for various classroom enhancements
- Cover unanticipated operating expenses - unscheduled repairs, etc.
This year's Annual Fund goals are to raise $300,000; as well as, receive 100% participation from our entire school community, which means that we need every family with a child at Mill Springs to participate by making a gift at some level. While both of these goals are important, please keep in mind that the goal of reaching 100% participation is especially critical. It enables us to be more competitive in attracting funds from organizations outside of the Mill Springs family.