The MSA Fine Arts Department has a commitment to offer a wide selection of arts education, encouraging experimentation and excellence in all of the participants of the program. Throughout the year, the students are involved in a multitude of concerts, musicals, plays, exhibits, competitions, and behind-the-scenes perspectives. Field trips and live performances are attended. Mill Springs Fine Arts shines with professionalism and creativity within every performance and event.
In MSA's Fine Arts there really is something for everyone:
- STUDIO ARTS are offered for grades 1-12, allowing use of new media, creation of digital portfolios, and eventually portfolio reviews and acceptance into art colleges for interested artists.
- Our MUSIC program allows students in grades 1-12 to learn and perform an assortment of music genres for various sized audiences, including competitions for the older students.
- With peers of all school ages, our THEATER students are able to perform contemporary and classic comedies, dramas, and musicals. With the diversity of competitive drama, musical theater, and participation in an international music theater festival, students in musical theater and drama are exposed to greatness!
- Students involved in our TECHNICAL THEATER education learn to know what to expect behind the scenes of our dynamic performances, including lights, sound, set design, set construction, stage make-up, and costuming.
- Our BAND is filled with a diverse collection of instruments, many non-traditional. The band performs amazing concerts, with music ranging from historic to contemporary arrangements.
In addition, we offer our serious fine arts students the benefits of membership in several national/international honor societies: the Tri-M Music Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, and the International Thespian Society.
We are fortunate to have two art teachers, two band instructors, a chorus/music teacher, a theater/drama teacher, and a technical director. Our faculty shines outside of MSA as well. Our band instructors play several instruments and also perform with local symphonies. our drama and chorus teachers direct and perform in their local community theaters. Our art teachers are active artists. The Fine Arts Department exudes creativity at MSA and beyond!
Janet Ford is our Director of Fine Arts.