We are looking forward to a great year in carpool and bus transportation! Here are some things to keep in mind for the upcoming school year:
- Please arrive at the appropriate dismissal times (if early, park in the parking lot until time to line up). Dismissal/Carpool Times: Lower – 2:45; Middle – 3:15; PreUpper, Communication Arts, Upper – 3:15. Buses depart at 3:30pm.
- Please watch your speed (campus is marked 10mph) and acknowledge stop signs and buses with flashing lights/stop sign.
- Absolutely NO passing in ANY carpool line, this creates a very dangerous situation – this is true for ALL carpool areas.
- The buses load quicker than most individual cars, for safety, please do NOT pass them.
- Let the Traffic Flow Director know who you are picking up, this speeds up the process.
- Alternate transportation arrangements for your student must be made PRIOR to afternoon carpool.
- If your student is not ready, please drive around. (Other parents should not have to wait on your student.)
- Please move up when space permits.
- Do NOT leave cars unattended at the curb – each school has helpers. If you need to speak to someone, please park so carpool isn’t tied up behind you.
- Please be prompt when picking up and dropping off your student.
- Posted times are departure times, please arrive at least ten (10) minutes earlier than posted times to allow for loading/unloading.
- If you are late (1 minute is late) please drive to next bus stop. The bus needs to keep on schedule for the other drop off points.
- We can NOT load or unload students except at designated bus stops.
- It may be helpful to swap phone numbers with other parents at your bus stop so you can contact someone who might be responsible for your child, in the event that you do run late.
If you need to find the bus schedule CLICK HERE. If you have any problems or questions, please don’t hesitate to call Mill Springs Academy at 770-360-1336 or Eddie Day/Sonshine Bus Company 404-328-8801.